Top entry and side entry mixers in particular tend to have long shafts and minimal (if any) radial support for them. As a result, there is typically a good deal of radial run out at the sealing area.
There are two strategies for dealing with this:
- Design the seal with a built-in support bearing tom minimize the run out at the sealing location.
- Design the seal to accommodate high run out. AESSEAL® has many options for either strategy.
In addition, AESSEAL® offers a wide variety of single and double seal designs in both component and cartridge type.
There are double seal designs suited for liquid buffer/barrier as well as dry gas contacting and non-contacting face configurations.
AESSEAL® has engineered a new range of mixer seals, the SCMS (short cartridge mixer seal):
- Very high radial runout capability
- Excellent heat dissipation
- Suitable for top or side entry mixers
- Available in both double and single seal designs
- Reduced height – ideal where space is limited
- Self-adjusting axial movement compensation (double seals)
- Available with modular bearing assembly
- Double seal offers monolithic seal faces
- Optional water cooled mounting flange extends temperature range
- Engineered solutions available