Dead ended seal chamber with no flush fluid circulation
- Applicable to low seal chamber pressure and process temperature
- Can be used with tapered seal chambers, particularly for slurries
- Normally used with jacketed seal chamber with a throat bushing
- Cool clean fluids with high specific heat, such as water, in lower speed pumps
- Process fluid temperature must be taken into consideration to avoid flashing.
- Not for use without cooling/heating jacket for cylindrical chambers
- Horizontal pumps with cylindrical chambers should have a vent to avoid potential air