Oil is the lifeblood of your equipment. With an oil analysis program, you can verify that a lubricated piece of equipment is operating according to expectations. Oil analysis is an ongoing activity that allows you to analyze oil health, oil contamination levels and to identify any wear in your equipment. When the program is in place, any unusual condition or parameter identified through oil analysis should trigger immediate actions to correct the cause or to mitigate a developing failure.
An oil analysis program provides many benefits and can pay for itself in a very short period of time. Some of the benefits include:
- Optimized oil change intervals to a specific asset given operational and ambient conditions
- Lower costs associated with lubricant purchases and spent lubricant disposal.
- Better control of bearing failure incidents through a more complete understanding of how bearings can fail in a given operating environment.
- Increased asset reliability, uptime and production volume.
- Extended useful asset life.